Questions & Answers about Life, Spiritual Liberty, and the Pursuit of Ultimate Happiness
In this new book from an author with over 50 years of study in the field of religions and spiritual practices of both East and West, Abbot George answers questions both profound and mundane from seekers who hope to improve their spiritual lives and understanding.
Satsang with the Abbot: Questions & Answers about Life, Spiritual Liberty, and the Pursuit of Ultimate Happiness is the tenth book by Abbot George Burke, head of Light of the Spirit Monastery. Drawing from his dozens of trips to India and around the world and studies with some of the world’s foremost spiritual figures, and his years of monastic training and study, he offers insightful and practical solutions to common and obscure problems and useful perspectives to spiritual principles helpful to everyone.
Readers of this book will find:
- Detailed instructions in meditation
- What are the factors in daily life which help or detract from spiritual progress and sustained fulfilment and happiness.
- Answers about God, gods and goddesses, devas, angels, devils and evil spirits, heaven and hell.
- The unifying principles of the world’s religions (and what separates them).
- Useful information about death, the afterlife, and reincarnation
- Stories and teachings of great religious figures of past and present.
And much more.
Also available as an ebook from these online distributors:
Would you like to purchase this book at wholesale for bookstores, libraries,
or for other bulk purchases? Visit our Wholesale Page.
About the Author
Swami Nirmalananda Giri (Abbot George Burke) is the founder and director of Atma Jyoti Ashram (Light of the Spirit Monastery) in Cedar Crest, New Mexico, USA. He is the author of numerous books on meditation and practical spiritual life. He writes at OCOY.org.