- Publisher: Light of the Spirit Press
- Available in: Paperback and eBook
- ISBN: 978-0998599847
- Published: July 23, 2016
The Story of Original Christianity
The unique story of Jesus, Saint Thomas his Apostle, and how the Dharma of India became part of Saint Thomas Christianity
“Original Christianity” is the teaching of both Jesus of Nazareth and his Apostle Saint Thomas in India. Although it was new to the Mediterranean world, it was really the classical, traditional teachings of the ancient rishis of India that even today comprise Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Dharma, that goes far beyond religion into realization.
In The Christ of India, Abbot George Burke presents what those ancient teachings are, as well as the growing evidence that Jesus spent much of his “Lost Years” in India and Tibet. This is also the story of how the original teachings of Jesus and Saint Thomas thrived in India for centuries before the coming of the European colonialists.
The Christ of India: The Story of Saint Thomas Christianity includes the following:
- The Christ of India, about the Essene roots of Jesus and the early Christians; the spiritual training of Jesus; The “lost years” of Jesus, with much information never before gathered together in one place; Jesus’ return to the West, and how his teachings were misunderstood; Jesus return to India after his resurrection; and much more.
- The Apostle of India, about how Jesus’ apostle Saint Thomas went to India, and how the Christianity which grew up in India had a totally unique character compared to elsewhere in the world; the history of Saint Thomas Christianity in India and the story of mission from the Church of India to America in the 1800’s and what happened to it.
- Basic Beliefs of Saint Thomas Christianity, and
- Special Appendix: Indian Masters Who Considered Jesus One of Them. Stories of masters who had visions of Jesus, and those who researched Jesus’ time in India, including Sri Ramakrishna, Paramhansa Yogananda, Swami Sivananda and others
You will learn about the manuscripts which proved Jesus lived in the “East,” and the efforts to suppress the news of their discovery.
You will learn about the Indian Saint Thomas Christian bishop of the 18th century who taught karma and reincarnation, who later became a wonderworking saint revered by Christians, Hindus, and Muslims alike.
Those who find themselves attracted to both Jesus and the Dharma of India will find this book fascinating and illuminating.
Would you like to purchase this book at wholesale for bookstores, libraries,
or for other bulk purchases? Visit our Wholesale Page.
About the Author
Abbot George Burke (Swami Nirmalananda Giri) is the founder and director of Light of the Spirit Monastery (Atma Jyoti Ashram) in Cedar Crest, New Mexico, USA. He is the author of numerous books on meditation and practical spiritual life. He writes at OCOY.org.